Quantum physics for complex systems
Part I – Formalism and closed systems
- Statistics and quantum mechanics: second quantization formalism.
- Nonlinearity in Hartree and Hartree-Fock static models. Fermions and bosons. Symmetry breaking.
- Symmetries and collective modes. Dynamic self-consistent fields.
- Applications ("tight-binding"lattice models, Bose-Einstein condensates, ...).
Part II – Open quantum systems
- Motivation and system-bath theories.
- Derivation of the master equation in weak coupling.
- Examples: damped harmonic oscillator; rotating wave approximation (RWA).
- "Spin-boson" model.