The workshop will take place in the Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB
Lectures will be given in the room n. 215 and in the seminar room of the IFISC
See university map
How to arrive from the airport to the hotel Almudaina (Avinguda de Jaume III):
How to arrive from hotel (Avinguda de Jaume III) to UIB campus:
- taxi: take a taxi directly at the exit of the arrivals hall. Ask for Avinguda de Jaume III. The taxi costs around 20 euros, and takes about a quarter of an hour.
- bus: In front of the taxi station, there is a bus stop (line number 1). It takes you from the airport to Passeig de
Mallorca for 2 euros, and takes about half an hour (tickets are bought on
board). From there, walk 10 meters to the nearest bridge which connects directly to Avinguda Jaume III, on the left. See map for further details.
First step is to walk to Plaza de Espa
ña, see map
How to arrive from airport to UIB campus
- bus: Take bus line number 19 (see map) from Plaza de España
to campus. Other possible bus stops can be checked here. The cost is 1.25 euros, and it takes approximately 45 minutes to get to the campus.
- metro (strongly recommended): Take the metro from Plaza de España
(see map), walk down the stairs twice until you reach the
platforms. There, take the first platform on the left (make sure you
take the correct train by checking that its last stop is the
university). The cost is 0.90 euros, and it takes about 15
minutes (frequency of 15minutes for working days, 30 min. weekends; check here for more details). The tickets are bought in vendor machines, before descending to the platforms. It is important to retain the ticket because you need it to leave the
Inside the campus:
- taxi: take a taxi directly at the exit of the arrivals hall, and ask for the
Universidad. It costs around 25-30 euros.
- bus+metro: take bus line number 1 until Plaza de España, then take the metro line to the University campus (last stop). More information above.
Check this map
to find the ways from the public transport
to the conference rooms. The "serveis cientificotècnics" complex is divided into three similar
grey buildings plus the IFISC extension (brown). In the IFISC building (see
) you can find room n. 215 (third floor), together with the
administrative office, where the workshop will take place.
Participants of the Complex Quantum Systems Workshop will stay in the hotel Almudaina
, in Avinguda Jaume III, 9. Double rooms
for single use will be booked with your name, with free internet and breakfast.
- The workshop will start on Thursday 14th of October at 9:30 in room 215
(third level of IFISC building).
- The IFISC building offers wireless internet connection. We will provide you with a username and password on arrival.
- Coffees will be served in room 215.
- Lunches will be served in Son Lledo restaurant.
- The attendance certificates will be avalaible during the workshop.
- The toilettes are located next to room 215 (third floor), where
the workshop will mostly take place. In other floors there are also
toilettes at the same exact position.
- Guided tour: 19:15, Start in Almudaina Hotel entrance.
- Dinner, 20:30 at APTC restaurant. (Location in Google Maps)